Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chicken Soup For a Friend

When a mama gets sick, she can't call in to work. A full time mom doesn't have the luxury of going to bed and staying there. And for a lot of full time moms, finances are just tight enough that they wouldn't dream of asking hubby to stay home from work unless they were being admitted to hospital. So when I discovered that a good friend was down with the flu, and looking after two little ones, one of which was also under the weather, I offered the only help I could: Chicken Soup. This friend of mine is dealing with multiple food reactions in her children, so it's not very often that I have things on hand that are safe for her family to eat, but Sunday I just happened to have all of the ingredients for chicken soup on hand, ready to go, and allergen free.

The best chicken soup starts with home made chicken broth. I sauteed up some diced veggies, and I happened to have a whole batch of crock pot chicken in the fridge from the day before. They are gluten free, so I have potatoes in the soup in leu of noodles.



Everything into the pot for a good simmer. Seasoned with salt, pepper, and a little thyme.


Here it is all packaged up and ready for delivery. Sweet heart, I hope you're feeling better soon!

1 comment:

Lil Bit and Mummy said...

It was lovely, exactly what the doctor ordered! Thank you!